Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: 416, 604 combo !!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Findus's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    416, 604 combo !!

    Hallo !!
    I`m new to this forum ......but i have been reeding your posts for a long time.
    I am from Sweden so my spelling is`nt that greate !!
    I`ll do my best ;-)
    For now i do not have my system up playing, me and the wife moved to the countryside of Stockholm to a rater old house that needed my attention........
    But i have a garage at ca 45m2 ( don`nt know what it is in cubic feet??)Where i am going to have my workshop and lisningroom.
    I have two 416 8a and two 604 8k and i wold like/love to make a system out of the to of them.
    The last years i have been playing around with a lot of JBL stuff, for exapel the 4340 monitor and a lot of different horns and drivers and so on.......
    I been happy with theese but.......theres something missing !!??
    So please give me a hint of what way to go !!
    I know that someone will tell me to look in to the 620 cab just fore the 604.....but i would really build a speaker with both the 416 and the 604.......
    I also have a pair of 511 horns and 902 drivers.......
    So.....any ideas ??

    Findus

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Findus's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    Yes ......why not !!
    Just need some box plans and some xo tips ;-)

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    416, 604 combo !!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    Were I doing a clone I might substitute a 3154 for the 416..

    I wish Altec had marketed that tweeter separately
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  5. #5
    HB Super Moderator
    416, 604 combo !!


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    My Japanese is a little rusty but that looks like your project. Nice find Bowtie

    If that doesn't work out you can always make a nice system out of the 511/902 and the 416's

  6. #6
    Hostboard Member Davidg's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2007
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    Interesting looking project, I was wondering how a 515b would work in place of the 416?
    Since I have a beautiful pair on the shelf waiting to be put to use, Thanks in advance for your thoughts

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Findus's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2010
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    Well !! I have buildt a cab with the 416 in a 250 l cab tuned to 30 hz with the 511 and 902 on top, but i would really try to build a clone like the 6041....
    So......i like the sound of my 250 l cab for the 416......if i would build a 350-370 l cab and use the extra 100 l to the 604.....say that the 416 would run up to 300 hz and then i use the stock 604 8k XO....for the 604....
    It would be a start...or ??

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Adhoc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2009
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    Hello Findus,

    Nice to see there are also other Swedes around who appreciate the old Altecs. I live in Molndal on the west coast, used to live in Alvsjo-Stockholm. We have about the same kind of elements, I?ve got 3 of the 604-8K and 2 of 416-8B plus the 811 horns. On this forum you will find loads of info on the Altecs, hopefully you will also get the advice you need. There are some very knowledgeable guys around.

    Had I known about the 6041 speakers about a year ago, I would probably have gone for those! Still, I am very satisfied about how they sound in my room, complemented with 6 separate bass speakers (as the Altecs are a bit bass shy unless put in large boxes)

    Here was (!) and is again a link to how my system is set up (plus loads of pictures on how my listening room was built): http://www.component.se/forum/index....dpost&p=150191 (Forum rules says I need to post 3 valid post before linking to other sites, silly rule as it is easy to by pass)

    The guy to the left is Karl XII who got quite puzzled (positively) by the sound of the old 604s when he was over last week. He lives quite near to you, between Haninge and Nyn?shamn, probably he would also appreciate to hear your Altecs as well.

    The room itself is 687x419x215 cm ( 22,5’ x 13,75’ x 7,05’), (a 120” screen + 55” TV and projector is in the pipe line for installation).

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Adhoc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2009
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    post 2

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Adhoc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2009
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 416, 604 combo !!

    and post # 3, which is now unnecessary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.